Sunday, July 19, 2009

reading girl update


Don has gotten the sculpture to a point where I can take over. He has "pointed up" various areas in the face (eyes, nose, corners of the mouth) using calipers.

One of the techniques when carving is to position the model in a direct line from the sculpture. Then, you
can check by eye what stone needs to be removed.
This
is a side view, as I began working on the hand and arm.

You can see the progress, from the last picture.

You can see she that has come a long way in a short amount of time, however, there is still a lot of work to go...

I found this strangely patterned leaf while walking on our property.

This is a Great Spangled Fritillary ( had to consult my guide book on that one). It allowed me to get quite close to it.

This is a little honey bee that was in the house and was starving, so I put some sugar water in a spoon and took her outside.
I discovered this tiny flower and flower bud growing on our property. The flower is maybe 1/8" across.

No comments: