Sunday, October 11, 2009

A couple of get togethers and Ely readies for a trip

I have several jobs I am trying for right now, but as they are in the sketch stage I can't post anything yet. So, I'll post some photos of other stuff.
There have been a couple of get togethers lately; one is my nephew's 5th Birthday party and a reunion of Don's fraternity at Centre. Some of these guys haven't seen each other in 25 years...

Joe's party was held by a lake in Hoosier National Forest. My sister-in-law Denise is on the left, Joe's sister, Beth, is on the right.

Of course there was a cake - 5 candles - and lots of presents.

After the party we walked up the trail into the woods. Joe had fun throwing rocks into a creek.

My niece, Beth (on the left), brought her friend Destiny.

My brother Mark (on the left) fishing, and my brother-in-law Charlie watching.

Don was invited to a party of his Phi Tau Brothers from Centre College. I went as the designated driver. I had heard a lot of stories about the college days, it was good to finally put faces to names. Great bunch of people. Everyone is posing in from of a banner with cartoons of each person. Check out Don's blog for a closer look at the banner.

What would a party be without the requisite bonfire?

A closeup of spiderwort.

A Green Metallic bee...
Ely will be in the Holidaze exhibition at the Ownensboro Museum of Fine Art which runs from November 6th to November 31st . He will be installed this week, look for him in the next blog.

No comments: