Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sylacauga Marble head Study finished, more work on Conversation and critter pics

 I finished the head study by hand sanding it then gave it a rinse.  She kind of looks like Steve Tyler.
 Here she is finished, I call her Eve. She measures 7 1/2" high, 13" wide and 4" deep.  I have her on ebay for $280.00.  Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290746424973
 A side view of "Eve".
 It was a lot of fun working on the marble and it made me think of this piece which I worked on last year and put aside.  Her right arm need some work, need to get back to it.
 This is a large piece of Sylacauga Marble, about 6 feet tall.  Might be interesting to do an emerging figure in this which would be similar to....
 Demeter parting the night.
 This is another idea I have yet to get to.  This is Eve full size.  This is a tall triangle of stone in which Eve is coming into being.  It would need a metal frame support but the idea intrigues me.
 Lately I have been working on this piece, Conversation.  I have also been working on models for a prospective commission but I'm not going to post anything about the job until it's a done deal.
 The stone of the otter sculpture seems to have some sort of mineral that attracts rabbits and squirrels.  I've seen both spending a lot of time licking it.
 A youngster rabbit.
A horsefly. Just love those eyes.

No comments: