Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Eve' and "Flight" have sold, molds on models and rain on Spanish Marble

 Good news, "Eve" a carving in Sylacauga Marble, has sold.  I took a picture of her outside on an overcast day.  I like the subtle light, it kind of gives her an ethereal feel.  But makes it hard to see the details clearly.
 This is a pic I took of her inside with light from a nearby window.  I'm going to look her over for any areas that need a bit more sanding before she departs for her new home.

The client buying Eve has spoken for "Flight" as well. This is the bronze at the foundry. 

 For the past few weeks I have been working on models for a prospective public art commission.  As nothing has been finalized yet, I am not showing the models.  But I have to do 3 sets of plaster casts so I can show one of the molds.  Who knows what's inside that plaster?
 A peek inside... doesn't tell you much, does it?
 Well, we finally had rain!  This is it falling on a block of Spanish Marble.  I know there's a joke here somewhere involving the rain in Spain, but I'm too tired to work it out.
 I was driving along and saw this and I just had to stop and take a picture.  It looks like a ribbon of molten bronze.
 These are Arrowhead plants that are in the Willow swamp just below the house.
 An arrowhead plant bloom.
This cute little car on Hwy 259 not far from the studio.

No comments: