Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring is finally here!

The day began in mist. And though there are no leaves as yet, it is spring. You just have to look a little closer to the ground....


Dutchmans Britches,

looking like little pants hung out on a line to dry...






To the left, I

believe, is
False Rue
Anemone, but
I could be wrong. The book I'm using is "A Guide to The Wildflowers and Ferns of Kentucky" I'm no expert. I do
know that the little
flower below with the curled back petals is a White Trout Lily.
Above is a Celadon Poppy. This is one of the first up, soon they'll be everywhere.
Below is Hepatica, I believe.... and at below that is Bloodroot. These are just the first wave of wildflowers. There will be many more in the weeks ahead. I'll try to post them as they make
their debut.....


No comments: