Saturday, April 12, 2008

My 45th birthday clebration with my twin

Yesterday was my 45th birthday and, as I am a twin, this necessitated a trip to see my sister (Liz) so we could celebrate our birthday together. Her kids, Danny and Beth (with assistance from Beth's friend Rebecca) made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
As Liz and I are both 45, the kids thought it would be a good idea to have 90 candles on the cake -45 candles each. So, after a trip to Krogers, we had 90 candles to place upon the cake.
Lighting the cake was a bit tricky. Steve, Liz's husband tried with a blow torch, but you can see from Liz's expression, this was not working - the heat was lighting some candles, but melting other candles. So the torch had to be abandoned. Beth's friend Rebecca watches.

The candles were successfully lit with a long lighter. There was considerable heat coming off those candles. Beth and Joe are on the left, Danny holds his hand out to feel the heat.


The glow of a 90 candle cake.......




Liz prepares to blow out the cake - I helped too




The colorful remains of the blaze




No comments: