The heron's left wing was a little heavy, I cut it back with a knife.
I use a metal wax tool to define the eye area. I then use the same tool on the beak to smooth and even out the texture.
I am trying out a bunch of plants with the heron. I like this better than what I had done in the model. Not quite right, though.
A side view.
I went over Daphne using a roloc (a small air=powered tool) with 120 grit sandpaper. I also smoothed out the bottom of the sculpture. Her left side is to the north and as a result is always in the shade. I need to turn her to the south so I can get the sun evenly on both sides.