Wednesday, March 18, 2015

tweaking the lion, more conversation girl, the dancer and lots of rain



I have marked in crayon the areas that need additional definition.  The foot is too flat, I will use a pistol grip sander to take down the stone along the outside and inside, working the sander on edge this will give me a smooth, rounded depression on the outside and inside of the foot and the definition I want.

I have worked the shoulder and leg defining the area around the joint of the leg. I used a grinder to define the shoulder muscle then went back with a pistol grip sander to soften and smooth out the marks left by the grinder.

I have worked out the front foot of the lion and am cutting back some places on the rear leg of the lion I felt were too full.

I realized the lions left eye was just a bit too wide so..

I crayoned in the areas I felt needed work, but just to be sure, I put the photo in adobe photoshop to check changes I need to make, the eye is moved over a little bit, ear trimmed, muzzle thinned a bit, I just realized I didn't clone out the ruff, ah well....

I have been working on Conversation cutting down the hair and the arm...


There has been a lot of rain lately, this is what happens when you cut wet stone, the dust clumps all over it...

I check this water clay piece periodically to make sure he is drying okay.

There has been a lot of rain, which combined with the melting snow has meant flooding.  This is a view of the lower field in front of the house.

This is a house just down the road - that's the Ohio river behind the house.

A hawk

A tree at sunset.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hearing you survived the flooding and that you have projects to work on. Can't wait to see the finished lion.

Meg said...

The flooding has returned - water as far as I can see. And the Lion is just about finished. Thanks for the feedback.