Sunday, November 14, 2010

More die grinder work, hair patterns and a nest platform for osprey


I use a large die grinder with a silicon carbide bit to work out stone between the cub's body and the mother's leg. You may notice that this cub is very unfinished. I leave different areas unfinished as I apply a hair texture, to give me a break from all those hairs! I come back to these unfinished areas and do a little defining and cleaning up between hair-applying sessions.

I use the die grinder to deepen the area under the mother's paw and head, to give the area some good shadows.
I am using two separate diamond bits to give the mother and cub different fur textures. For the mother, I use a wheel bit and long strokes. For the cub, I use a flat end bit and short strokes.
I have completed the fur pattern part way up the mother's front leg.
The electric company put in new lines the other day.

And what's that in the field by the creek? A nest platform for Ospreys. We'll see next year if it appeals to prospective Osprey parents.

No comments: