Sunday, November 21, 2010

My nephew is now an Eagle Scout!

I am adding another blog tonight in honor of my nephew Danny who just made Eagle Scout. Only 1 in 50 boy scouts ever achieves this highest rank, so of course, it's a big deal.

Danny is ready for the ceremony to begin. In front of him, from left to right, are his sister, Beth, my twin sister Liz and her husband Steve.


Danny's project for his Eagle Scout merit badge was to catalog over 2,000 books for the West End School for Boys in Louisville, Ky. Cassius Clay was a student here, many years ago.




Here's Dan in an "after" shot.




Dannys Grandfather and I play dueling cameras.




Dan gives his speech.


Dan takes his pledge as an Eagle scout.



And there were pins for Danny, his father and mother. Congratulations Danny!



And following the ceremony -Cake!










No comments: