Sunday, March 7, 2010

Clay Work & A Polar Plunge

Work continued this week on the Terre Haute commission. The focus of this week's effort was to add hair and clothing to the figures.

I began by adding clay for the hair of the little girl.

Next, I worked on her skirt.

Then, I added clay to the dress of the woman.

I made marks where I wanted to make folds in the clothing.

Here, I'm applying the clay to make the folds on the man's pants.

This is the progress at the end of the week.

Last Saturday, I went to Louisville's Waterfront Park to watch the Polar Plunge. Keep in mind that the water temperature (and air temperature) is around 35 degrees.

I went because my twin sister, Liz (yellow life jacket), was taking the plunge with her YMCA fellow workers.

There was plenty of security, and even divers, to ensure that it was a safe event.

This is a mural by Maggie Breslin on a railroad overpass on Spring Street. Maggie is the wife of Paul Breslin, who was one of Don's close friends from his Centre College days.

No comments: