Sunday, July 3, 2011

Otter fountain finally finished

With the return of the summer heat, my thoughts have turned toward finishing a water fountain that I started back in the spring -there are a number of posts earlier in the blog showing the hollowing out of this basin and carving the lilypads and flowers.

I managed to get the old crane truck started, to move the Otter fountain basin close to the shop so that the pump can be plugged in.

I rigged it up with nylon slings to lift it. I placed 'softeners' of old fire hose, to keep the sharp edges of the stone from cutting the slings.

Don made a larger basin area from timbers and pond liner. The limestone basin is sitting on soapstone supports, the pump is located beneath the limestone.

Next, add water...

The pump is plugged in, but the flow is barely visible and not what I had hoped. Ah well, back to buy a bigger pump.

A close-up.

What I saw when I was leaving the studio.

No comments: